microphone position ~ harpyness

Tuesday, 12 April 2011

microphone position

Recorded two of Andy Scott's pieces for flute & harp yesterday with two amazing and brilliant flautists, for a CD coming out of all Andy's compositions for flute. Details about the CD to follow in due course!

Sonata for flute & harp with Clare Southworth, and Paquito with Andy Findon.

Today I don't have any blisters on my fingers, but they feel really bruised to the touch, and I generally feel like I've been run over by a bus.

So it's an admin morning and definitely no playing until later!

Really pleased with the sound of the harp on the recording, ended up putting the microphones pretty much behind the harp. A stereo pair in front of course, but probably it will be mostly the close up mics on the final mix.



1 comment:

  1. I agree with the mic just behind the harp giving an extra twinkle. A sound engineer friend of mine recorded me the other day and isolated each mic so I could hear the different sounds - that one just behind really gets the detail without the fuzz and helps to bring the harp sound closer - can't wait to hear your new recording!!

    ReplyDelete